Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Saturday 22 February 2014

Films

Films I watched and QUITE liked

As my friends requested, I have created a list of films that I liked at that time when I watched them. Now, when I say that I liked them, it does not mean that all of them were amazingly good, but there might have been bits of it that I found interesting. 

My family uses lines of these films quite frequently (because we find them funny and suitable in lost of situations and they make us laugh), so do not be scared if I ever talk to you using a line from a certain film, because I am simply used to that.


What I judge as a watchable film

  • a film that surprises me with unpredictability
  • a film that does not bore me 
  • a film that makes me laugh or cry
  • a film that has outstanding actor´s performance
  • But MOSTLY a film that I have to think about for a long time after I watch it, one that leaves a mark (if that makes any sence).


I cannot say that I would like a film without any criticism, I have studied films way too much to have no criticism, however I happily recommend those films. 



P.s. There is no order, the films were written randomly, simply base on a flow of thoughts.











  • The War - although I do not like Kevin Costner, this film is made with such a sensitive touch and sadness that I have to recommend it. One of the first films of Eliah Wood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7aE0a8keiA







  • Forrest Gump - I can watch this film countless times and still discover new pieces of wisdom in it, neverending source of quotes! Amazing performance of Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise, incredible soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPIEn0M8su0 









  • The Secret Garden - a film by Agnieszka Holland, I watched it as a child and loved the idea of secret garden with beautiful blooming flowers whee one can hide from worries, good soundtrack too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6ihoF8Hrg


  • The Village - I remember liking the film when I watched it 7 years ago and liked Adrian Brody and Joaquin Phoenix there. It has a pretty poor ending - not sure if I would like it anymore, pretty good sountrack though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6IgwbTYnrI














  • Romeo and Juliet (1968)- very successfully captured the well-known story... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCe0nzdD76k I hate any other modern version (such as the one with Leonardo DiCaprio...a message to the authors - Juliet is not supposed to shoot herself but stab herself, get it right!)


  • 500 Days of Summer - I liked that from the beginning you know that something is going to go wrong and the whole film you are trying to figure out what. And of course - the Ikea Scene! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNEkwcY7OI0























Czech films
  • Pelíšky
  • Postřižiny
  • Musíme si pomáhat
  • Kolja
  • Ikarův pád
  • Anděl páně
  • Na samotě u lesa



TV series

  • Greys anatomy - as a child I wanted to be a doctor, but I hate blood, so that was not really possible and this series provides an insight in the surgeon´s workday, plus is has excellent Sandra Oh


No comments:

Post a Comment