Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Day 6, Walking

5.2.2014

I woke up at 11:30 and I had to cut down the walking. Originally I wanted to spend the whole day walking, however I did not have enough time for that. I made myself breakfast and put on clothes and realised that it is 12:30, by the time I got to the hill from my place it was 13:45. Now, I took my time while climbing up the hill, there were so many wonderful places to see, the countryside covered in ivy and moss

On my way there I came across a field full of sheep, they were staring at me foolishly and then started running away. I swear I have not seen a funnier thing for a while. All of them running up and down the hills with their big buttocks. Awww, even the thought of it makes me smile again.

This is not my picture, but it is just to show, where I was. In the front, there is the William Wallace monument, behind it, there is my Uni and the massive beautiful hill "complex" called Dumyat hill  is the one I tried to climb.


Anyway, I did not make it to the very top of the hill, it proved to be a lot more difficult that it would be and also it was getting a bit dark. On some days, the dusk just comes a bit earlier and I did not want to risk anything. Furthermore, there was really nasty wind up there. I could not believe how strong the wind was. It was ok under the hill, but when when I was climbing up I almost felt like it was going to blow me away. I was wearing my warmest winter coat but I was really cold.

I plan to climb up the tomorrow, but I will try to go up there from different path.

No comments:

Post a Comment