Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Wednesday 5 March 2014

CW - "Unbearable love"

19.2.2014

I went to the give it a go event of the Creative writing club which takes place every Wednesday.

During every meeting we are assigned a topic to brainstorm and produce in-class writing. 

In our first session, we were given 4 photos of statues. Unfortunately, I knew my statue. It was Cupid and Psyche, I also knew the story from Greek mythology. The fact that I knew it was a bit restricting and in the end I decided to write the story in a very different light.

 I kept looking at the statue and then it inspired me.

I wrote this story purposely without no setting of time or space, because I believe that it might be applicable to any era or space with the aim to describe, how people feel without their loved ones.





"Why do I love him so much? How do I feel about him this way? I love his warmth when we lie naked in bed...but why would he have to leave?"

She lies there not able to fall asleep, doubting her love, because everytime he leaves, she feels insecure and incomplete. She does not understand why she feels this way and why she looses her confidence and certainity when he is not around.

"They say that love gives you wings, but why do his wings tak my love from me? Why is he leaving me? What am I supposed to the the whole day without him? Why can´t I stop thinking about him? I want my sanity back!"

In few hours, he is going to wake up and leave, as he does every day and she is going to be having another clueless day trying to figure out, how did the sparkle from the life disappear. Her love for him was consuming. She was wandering around the place, when he was away. She was miserable, she could not bear him leaving her again.

"I feel like I cannot do this anymore and now it´s time for him to leave again...no, I cannot do this."

He woke up, kissed her gently on her naked shoulder, felt her shiver and hughed her tightly...She reached up to him as she always did, but this time it was different. He heard her sigh, but then he realised, that he found himself holding her lifeless body.

With the last sigh the life dissapeared from her body, her heart could not bear him leaving her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment