Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Saturday 8 February 2014

Day 9, Bathrobe and party

I did not really have any plans for today, woke up quite late and decided for a spontaneous walk through the city. However it did not go very were, because it started raining quite heavily (Oh my god it just reminds me, that I need to let my umbrella dry, just a sec). I remember that my flatmate natalie told me that there is a big park in the middle of the city, so I went looking for it.

Eventually I discovered it, it is called King´s park (http://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/kings-park-p247191), but I it started to rain so badly, I got soaked, although having an umbrella and I had to come back. So that is still on the list. Anyway, the walk there is through a really nice part of Stirling, so I am sure it was not my last time there nor it is the last time I am writing about it.

When I got home, I realised that my bathrobe is finally dry. Seriously, it takes really long before the clothes dries here, because it is so cold. Actually, when waking up in the middle of the night and taking off you duvet, you realise (although half asleep) how cold it is, you spring to the toilet, just not the warmness of the bed, sit on the seat and you immediately wake up. If there is something that I cannot get used to - it is the coldness of the toilet seat, it is devastating. Anyway...what was I trying to say I guess is that my bathrobe is finally dry, and I fully enjoying wearing it, because it keeps me warm.

Happy owner of the bathrobe.

Apparently, there has been some rugby championship (which is here more important than the whole Olympic games, mind you) and Scottish team played really poorly and lost to England, which the Scottish (who watch at least a little bit of rugby) are really disappointed about.

I am about to go out with my flatmates tonight to a club called Dusk (yes, most of them arrived by now), but I am afraid I will not be staying there for very long, because I have my orientation day at the Uni tomorrow. I wonder what Scottish youth means under the term "partying" and also if I am going to like that at all. (for those of you who know me wel, you might be guessing the answer:) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment