Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Friday 7 February 2014

Day 8, Pendreich

7.2. 2014



Some voices woke me up today; there were two cleaning ladies in our flat talking to each other. The noise that they made was incredible, when opening my door, I thought that they must be at least fighting, but they just said "Mooorning" when they saw me and continued with the "chatter". 



Nevertheless, I was glad in the end that they woke me up; this gave me the opportunity to explore a forest that I saw yesterday on my way back from the Dumyat hill yesterday - the Pendreich area. I haven´t got any more pictures of the area, but this one.

The borders of the Pendreich forest, let the adventure begin.


There is one reason that I did not take more pictures while being in the forest. It would be safe to say that I other things on my mind. At the beginning there was a nice route there, however after like a kilometre or so, there was almost no more path, or rather it was disappearing in the amount of soaked moss. Or rather to say a swamp

You know how they would always put an unnecessary warning on a bag of peanuts "contains nuts" or similar cases? I seriously think, that they should consider writing on the borders of this forest "danger of losing your shoes when stepping into unexpected swamp" or "step in only if you do not wish to see your shoes anymore" or maybe just simply "unsteady surface, danger of swamps".



To cut the long and tragic story short, I had really hard time going through this forest; I even lost my watch in the process. Which is a big shame really, I loved that watch. I tried to go back and search for them, but never found them again. Anyway, once I was finally out the forest, I was able to see this beautiful loch



The Loch, not a lake.


You better not call it a lake, it is a loch, which actually makes me automatically think of the German word “Archloch” and I have an uneasy time trying not to smile, when people talk about lochs. 



While I was sitting on the bench I enjoyed the sunshine.

I have been enjoying really beautiful weather here so far, full of sunshine and spring-like breeze. Some of the trees even started to bloom (and I cannot wait till the do, because I bet it is going to be even more beautiful here), but people say that the weather forecast actually predicts some snow. I would not mind that either, I love snow too. :)  


I look at snow almost every day as the matter of fact. Every time I climb up some hill, I have a view of the far horizon where the mountains are and the tops of them are full of snow. I would like to go for a trip there once; I can feel them calling me.









Then I continued to the village of Bridge of Allan, I took the route that Conn was suggesting when he showed me around two days ago. Once I got lost (it is not that difficult you know, there are almost no signs and you have to rely on your sense of orientation - nonexisting in my case), but I met some very friendly old Scottish couple, who happily helped me. 


I thought that understanding the older people would be the most difficult thing here, but I understood them just fine. When I thanked them for their help, they said "no bother", I have never heard this expression before, maybe they use it here, I need to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment