Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Monday 3 February 2014

Day 4, The Uni and surroundings

Monday 3.2. 2014

Today it was unexpectidly hard for me to wake up, although I went to bed early (as usually one might said, buthey...I just really like to sleep). It took me ages till I was able to get out of bed and do something useful. However, before I was able to do that, I found out that the electricity stopped working. Beautiful, why is that?! It litterally took me at least an hour till I put on some clothes and wanted to make some tea. Aha, the kettle is not working. Of course stupid, that might be because the electricity is not working as you found more than hour ago. Ok, I might just as well some water then.

As it turned out, the electricity needed charging - with money and the only place I could do that is the university. Well, I wanted to have a look around anyway, since I haven´t done that and it´s already my fourth day here, so one more reason to man up and go there. Now, most people would say take the bus there, it will tak you only 5 minutes from your flat. But, since I didn´t have my student ID yet, it would cost me about 5 Pounds which is a bit too expensive for 5 minutes isn´t it? Plus I don´t mind walking, so it shouldn´t be such a problem.

On my way there I followed a couple of students, I thought that they must be students of the university too. The whole time I thought to myself, come on you wanted to meet new people, what are you waiting for, just approach them, they seem nice. But I wasn´t able to till they all of a sudden turned left and I found myself asking them if this is the right way to the university, although I suspected that it was.

They soon confirmed that it was a shortcut and started talking to me, admired how brave I was for walking there on my own for the first time. I could not bring myself to telling them that I did not have anyone to go with me and that I wanted to spare some money. Their names are Steph and Ross. Steph is from London and has the most beautiful English accent and Ross is local. He has got sort of Eliah Wood eyes - bright blue and really big. Once again it surprised me  (and probably will never stop surprising me) how friendly people here are. They helped me out with everything, showed me around the university and shared some insider´s tips. I am going for a lunch with Steph tomorrow and her other friend whom I have not yet met, but who went to Prague this summer and I am really looking forward.

The took me to the reception and then they left, after I got everything sorted out, I went to have alook around the park surrounding the Uni. I have to say that it is BEAUTIFUL ... breathtaking, just like a dream.
Snowdrops in early February?


Is it really too weird to say that this feels a little bit like Hogwarts?


No comments:

Post a Comment