Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Day 5, The Uni and Bridge of Allan

 4.2. 2014

Today I started out with yummy breakfast, my flatmate gave me a chocolate egg as a surprise.
A chocolate egg from Natalie, a morning treat with the cinnamon and banana porridge.
In the afternoon I met with Conn again and he showed me around the nearest town Bridge of Allan. It is smaller than Stirling, but apparently more posh and neat, as other people say.

Yesterday my professor shared with me a tip, how to buy really cheap bus tickets for trips anywhere I wanted. So in the end it proved to be a little bit of a nightmare. I wanted to buy the tickets to Aviemore, but the bank transaction would not let me, because my czech bank did not find the whole transaction reliable, so I changed the settings only to find out that that I would need a scotish bank account to finish the transaction. I run to the central bus station to try that as a last chance but the code did not work there. I guess it was not ment to be for me.


I wanted to try the traditional Haggis today, they sell a wide choice of it in Tesco´s. At first I was a bit scared of it, but I am also into trying local food or drinks, because I believe that everything is embeded with the cuisine  - the history, the culture, the characters of people. And I really want to get to know Scotland and Scottish people to the bits.

There is one more thought that I forgot to share yesterday. In the evening, when taking a shower, I started singing. The song I was singing was not even my favourite one, but I guess what I am trying to say is that I am started to feel comfortable here and that is very good.

What is the plan for tomorrow? Walking...one can never have enough of that, Conn shared many walking tips with me so I would really like to try one of the paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment