Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Thursday 6 February 2014

Day 7, The Dumyat hill

6.2. 2014


I did it, I made it to the top of the Dumyat hill today, I cannot believe how lucky I was!!!
And...not to blow my own horn, but I am really proud of myself too.

As I was suggesting yesterday, I tried a different path when climbing up the hill today. On my way there I got lost twice. Why is that? Well with the public walks here, there is always many options for which path to take and let´s just say that I did not choose the right one twice. Anyway I do not regret getting lost, because in the process I discovered some amazing places. The woods here are so different to what I am used to in Czech Republic. They are wild and temperament, but really charismatic and unique with its distinct smell and spirit.

Why was I so lucky then? Because I had an incredible conditions when climbing up. It was rarely raining and the sun was shining almost the whole time, offering me breathtaking views of the hill as well as the whole area that I live in. Of course, not to forget there were herds of sheep all over the hill complex.

I am not sure, whether I am describing this right and whether you actually are able to sense the excitement and the true enchantment that I felt when climbing up there while the whole countryside was beautifully embraced by the sun and then having the chance to look around from the very top of the hill. The memory of today experience is certainly on of those one shall never forget.

As a reminder, I decided to share some pictures, that might not have the capability of capturing the indescribable beauty of the place, but hopefully will give you an idea.

Nor at all there yet...a bit cloudy, the sun was hiding for a second there.

Usually, when walking, you have to overcome small obstacles...


There ruins of a house on the way to the top.

Finally there!!! The view was the best treat after all the climbing.


The smile is very unnatural, there was some strong and cold wild blowing against me, as you can see from the colour of my nose.

Sheep are everywhere, they are the occupants of those hills and you better not cross them.






No comments:

Post a Comment