Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Day 13, Clubs

It is snowing! The mountains were covered beautiful white snow layer. The walk to the Uni was simply brilliant. During the morning, there was a presentation of different clubs, I signed up for many of the clubs, to send me information. Honestly, there were all sorts of clubs, the weirdest one was probably one the Muggle Quidditch. Really? :) 
Aww, so funny. Next week, there is a give it a go week, which basically means, you can come and try to experience what the club is about. I am already registered for the International Society club and I plan to join the Creative Writing club



The rules are that you write 2 pieces a week of whatever you feel like writing and you get them corrected by a professional and you get to talk about together. I think, this is a great opportunity to put my thoughts on paper and develop them I cannot wait to join.

We had another presentation, this time about NHS.I met Rachel there and we decided to have lunch together. I found out that they do Gluten-free pizza at the Uni. I really enjoyed the lunch, butI think that even more, I have enjoyed the company of Rachel.

"Caution, this food is hot!" :)


Rachel is such an amazing person clever, smart, unique and we also have a lot in common. I feel like we have a lot to talk about, we could be talking for aged, if we could. I have also registered at the Counseling centre, I just thought it would be good to talk to professionals about what I am experiencing from time to time. I thought this might be a good idea, since I know I can be fragile sometimes. 

After that me and Rachel had to part, because we had classes after that. I had my class of Writing for Journalists. It seems to be a really diffucult class. It is a practical classe for students who are into Journalism and who went through the theory classes before. It put me a bit down. I am not sure if I good enough for that.

But I got distracted when I arrived to our flat, we started chatting with girls and Lisa was in her laughing mood and I had a bit of an unlucky day, I kept dropping everything when I was cooking and it just made all of as laughing crazy. We laught so much that we cried from laughter. Finally, I love laughing myself to tears. :)

Speaking of cooking, I went to Tesco in the evening not being sure what I actually wanted for dinner, so I just spontaneously went there. I went for the sales stuff, which is actually so different to the ones in Czech Republic - you might find food in really bad quality there. But here, the quality of the food in discount is still really great. And what I have to admit is that it makes me want to try buy and cook new things.

I cook myself every day actually and I never used to cook only for myself in my life. I would love cooking for other people, but not for myself. But now, I feel like eating properly healthy and trying new things and I actually love what I cook. I do not even miss my mums cooking, I am able to cook really good meals myself. Can I say that I am a bit proud of myself? I am already planning new recipes that I can cook.




No comments:

Post a Comment