Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Monday 3 February 2014

Day 2, Settling in in "Settle in"

Saturday 1.2. 2014


I was resting the whole morning and in the afternoon I was supposed to meet up with Conn. Conn is an English student studying Politics and the University of Stirling and he also engages in many student societies. I contacted one of them few days before my arrival, the society is called STEER and helps new students with showing around.

Conn guided me through Stirling, recommending different place for having a coffee or a meal and also took me up to the Stirling castle. Then, because it was raining we went to the Stirling´s oldest pub - Settle in.  It is a 300 year old pub with a really nice atmosphere. We both had ciders and chatted about Stirling and the University. The cider was nothing like I ever tasted before, it did not feel very strong, but it got me tipsy very soon.

 
Thistly - a Scottish Cider, very tasty and rather strong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment