Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Scotland in my heart, literally

In the beginning of March I went to a trip to Fairy Glen (more about that adventure hopefully soon),
I was truly taken away by the beauty of this country that Nory, our tourguide, introduced to us.

That is when it really occured to me - that I truly, madly, deeply love this country. Instead of a usual "smile pose" I spontaneously did a heart pose.

Here it is:
I really liked that picture and I soon started taking the "heart pictures" on different places in Scotland.


And soon I gathered a little "heart collection". 

You are welcome to have a look.

This one is from the top of a hill above Aviemore. 
Middle of March, the top was still full of snow.


This one is in the Aviemore national park resort. I have never seen such a beautiful lake with such a clear water.

This one is from slightly illegal visit at the Urquhart castle in the middle of the night.

This one is from the top of a hill above a tiny little village called Drumnadrochit, or "Drum" as the locals call it.
The loch that you can see is the famous Loch Ness
Can you spot a monster on the photo? :)


Now...Did I ever mention my "bluebell mania" before?
I am not sure about it. 
Well, sometime during May, the ground in Scotland turns violet, covered in thick layers of amazing bluebells. The best place to see them is the park near the Wallace monument. 
Once I entered that place during the bluebell season, my jaw dropped and I struggled to catch a breath. It was so beautiful...dreamy...and magical. I don´t think that words can describe how beautiful that place was and how I felt as if I just entered  paradise.  
(I also plan to devote a separate post to bluebells some time soon)
Anyhow...here is a heart picture as well.


And in the end...one of my favourite pictures.
During our West Highland Way, just walking through Glencoe, I saw this stone with a small heart on it. 
What a lovely, lovely place Scotland is, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment