Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Monday 1 September 2014

Julie is back!

Yes,

I
am
back
in 

Bonnie Scotland

Finally!
On the 18th of August 
( the beft gift I have ever given to myself for my birthday) 
I got myself  a flight ticket back.

Surprisingly enough...I got really stressed. I mean I do travel quite a bit and rarely get stressed anymore...but somehow from an early morning I could not find peace. Seriously, I cannot remember the last time I was so stressed and nervous.

Anyway, once I got to the airport everything was better I met my friend in the duty free shop that I used to work with there and we had a really good chat.

Later on in the plane I was sitting next to two Scottish guys Brian and  Martin and they distracted me by talking to me about their Eurotrip that started in Vienna and ended up in Prague. They actually did not make it any further, because they succeeded spending all their money in Vienna.

Let´s skip a bit. 
For few days I was a bit dead...I was taking me a bit of time to absorb the overwhelming happiness of being back. From the very moment I arrived to the train station in Stirling I enjoyed breathing the air, seeing the Wallace Monument and Stirling castle.

Once I recovered from the travel and excitement I started to explore again.
On one of our trips to a pinapple building we actually discovered two very interesting places.
The first place we discovered, because we got lost was a donkey farm.
Yes, I am not kidding...a donkey farm. 
They were actually cute and cuddly.
Few kilometres later (lost again, still not nearer the pineapple building) we found something I have not seen before. 
It was a ruin of a really old castle.


I mean like...waaay more interesting than any ruin of castle you can imagine or that you might have seen in a film. This was a breathtakingly beautiful ruin with fallen apart staircases and most of the stones covered in moss and flowers.

I even had this moment when going throught the ruins for the first time, there was a flock of noisy birds that I interrupted and with they suddenly and promtly flew away with making a lot of a scary noisy.




Please let´s not think that I am being too dramatic, but seriously, it could not get any more mysterious experience at the same time. It felt like abandoned Thornfield (if you are into Jane Eyre book) or way mora magical than any other Harry Potter book with the Hogwarts castle.
 It actually was one of those moments when you wish to have tonnes of money so that you can invest it in a good thing - this case scenario saving this beautiful building.


In the end we reached the pineapple building.
It was built when Lord Dunmore came back from his journey around Virginia and like this fruits which according to the legend also means "welcome".
It is said to be the weirdest building in Scotland. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment