Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Thursday 11 September 2014

Dumyat, vol.2

After numerous days of a persistent cold I decided to tolerate the annoying symptoms no longer.
What did I do then?
I went for a hike. A bit risky, maybe...but should definitely be worth it I thought.
Where else would I go then ... good old Dumyat.
How come I have not been there yet since I arrived in Stirling for the second time (technically third, but the first time was 10 years ago, so that does not count) ? 
No idea.
The hike?
What can I say...the joy of being able to climb that hill is almost undescribable. 
Although, quite short of breath, I was the happiest person there. I took a few pictures as a proof. Mind you there...I am not good at taking pictures of myself at all - which you will see just now.
¨
Arghh...the sun is in my eye!

Aaand just about to sneeze in 3, 2, 1...


Not capturing the whole face, whatever....

Finally an attempt to smile?

Went wrong of course.

Moooving on!
Did I mention how beautiful view of Stirling you can have from climbing Dumyat half way?
And those two pictures are for my friend Hazel...when in February we climbed up Dumyat, we thought that this tree is dead and we were quite sad, because it is a stunning one.
And now I find...it is alive!

Sheep are fluffy occupants of this hill, make it look cosy and also slightly make you feel like an inappropriate intruder.


Let´s look behind back again, shall we? Isn´t the hilly country just gorgeous?

Someone discovered how to make panorama pictures with a camera, so here is the first one.

 And one from of the top of the Dumyat hill.

 And another one of the Dumyat and the rest of the Ochilds.


The top of the hill

Reaching the top of the hill is unbelievable satifaction...and I don´t mean it in a sense "yeah, I did it", but it is incredibly rewarding on it´s own. 
The time that you spent bathing in your own sweat it just truly worth the view. The view is breath-taking - no panarama picture can ever capture that. It is as if the nature wanted to embrace you and you wanted to embrace it back.


The other day I had a conversation with my friend about meditation. I have never done it, but what I did there - I just sat there, closed my eyes and listened.
I listened to the wind gently blowing in my ears, I listened to my heartbeat calming down, I listened to the grass, I listened the bees flying by and I listened to the sheep occassionally calling each other.
In the end, I had no idea, how long I sat there, but if I ever felt relaxed (and I am not usually able to do that), it was yesterday, up on the Dumyat hill.
And, there is another horrible picture of me, on the top of the hill.

Right after this picture the battery in my camera gave up and unfortunately prevented me from capturing a really amazing situation.
On my way back there was a sheep standing on the opposite hill and since sun was setting, what you actually saw was the silhouette of the sheep on the top of the hill. 
Honestly, a brilliant highlight of the whole hike.

Lastly...

3 things :
  1. Those of you who climb the hill, say to each other "yes we did it in five minutes less then last time", don´t even look around and hurry back down...you are doing it wrong.
  2. Those of you who leave rubbish behind, you rot in hell.
  3. Those of you who ignore the rubbish, you rot in hell too.
FYI...a curly anonymous person picked up and binned properly all of it.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment