Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Are we faking liking fake?

Some people might actually hate me once they read this post, but I feel the need to comment on this issue, briefly...or not.

Ok, there is something that I found rather astonishing in Scotland. I found a lot of fakeness. Is that even a word? Not sure...never mind.

Without further ado, I was surprised by how much of the fake body appearance I have been seeing around myself. Mostly it intensifies when going out. I cannot speak for the guys and I will be describing this from what I have been seeing  from the girl-perspective.

There is a long preparation process before going out. 

Usually it goes like this:

- a fake tan few days before going out 
(ohh come on, you don´t want to look pale, do you? Who cares that it is really dark inside.)

- a shower 
(30 minutes...you want to have no pubic hair in case "you get lucky", right?)

make up 
(60+ minutes...the oranger your face looks the better, the blacker the area around your eyes the better, fake long eyelashes preferably. No matter that your orange makeup gets everywhere during the night and you can consider yourself lucky when you lose only one eyelash, because when you entered the club, you probably rocked that place anyway, so who cares)

hair
( 60+ minutes...you better straighten you hair, because that is trendy, no matter that it actually damages your hair. Ohh...an addition, you better have some hair extensions, because you hair is simply never long or volumneous enough)

clothes
(simple formula = the shorther the better, the more boobs and legs the better, the more see-through the better)

predrinking 
(40+ minutes...well the alcohol in the clubs is very enpensive and also there are also really long queues everywhere. So what you do is you buy Vodka in Tescos, not that expensive and you get pissed quickly)


Once you enter the clubs...you go into the ladies room again, to check your face and hair again and add some more make up since you simply cannot have enough of fake stuff. 

FYI...There are freaking hair straightners in ladies room in Dusk. And that has no sense whatsoever. Once you arrive there, you surely have a certain amount of alcohol in your system in order to be able to survive in place like that. Therefore, the hair straightners in this scenario usually turn into mean beasts and you better not use them if you do not intend to burn yourself.

And as a matter of fact, if you do need to use the toilet, you might have a real trouble going through the crowds of girls that are queueing there to make them look themselves more fake.

Anyway, I cannot help wondering, if you feel confident with yourself only if you put a lot of fakeness on, what kind of a message are you sending. 

To me, this message says "I want you to like the fake me, because this way I feel beautiful". Is it just me, or do you see the slight problem here? 

I do, since I interpret it in a way...if you cannot be really true and confident with yourself, what kind of relationship (or entertainment...depending on your needs and morals :) ) are you searching for. 
>And to be honest with you, there is a pretty intense search going on there<

Do the guys even like the fake you or are they just faking it so that they might get some minutes of fun?
 Seriously, if they do then they must have a really bad taste. 
And if they don´t...why fake to like it?
Also...if you expect the guy / the girl to like the fake you, what kind of life in illusion are you going for and how do you expect the other person to like you for who you really are?

>now...at this point I admit, that I might be a tiny bit naive if I think that some people actually might go in clubs in a search of not only a one night stand<

I do not have answers for any of those questions...my main concern is why do people go for advertising their fakeselves rather then being confident with their trueselves.

My theory (based on an  observation) is, that we people do it because we are actually shy and scared to get hurt for what we really are. It hurts less to get hurt when being fake, doesn´t it?

The fakeness probably tends to borrow the fake sense confidence.
Because the alarming truth is that I saw those people turning into more confident and assertive personalities once being more fake. 

I think that I would be fine if it was teenagers that I saw behaving like that, but most of those people were over 20. Is it the media pressure that makes us do that? Since when do girls / women think that they look more pretty with a tone of fakeness on themselves? 

I can sincerely (and without any intention of this to sound like a cliche) say that everyone looks better and more beautiful without all that fake stuff

Yes, you too!

So go out there and work on your confidence to realise that.


I apologise to everyone who got offended by this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment