Hello and welcome to my blog,

I would like to share here my experience with studying and living in Scotland.
My hope is that the posts might turn out to be useful, entertaining or inspiring.
I wish to capture the sheer beauty of this country, my adventures and also offer some insider tips.

Keep in touch!

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Hazelbabes

Ok, this is another of melancholic posts, mid-desperately trying to capture the fading memory of one day, a year ago.


Let me start again than...
A year ago, us 141 international study abroad students were gathered and devided into different bus coaches that were taking us all around Stirling and surroundings.

Me and Rachel were in the same bus and we started chatting instantly. But Courtney was in a different bus. Our first stop was the Stirling Castle and there we finally met Courtney, but she was chatting to another girl 
...a girl that I did not much like, although I never spoke to her 

Hazel Proust.

She smiled at me and started talking to me. 
Well, from the first moment we started talking I feel like I wanted to know that girl better. I wanted to know more. 
That day we never really stopped talking. 
Not even in the Dunblane cathedral, where people are not supposed to talk, or talk very silently.

Hazel and I clicked. 
Since the day a year ago, we started seeing each other almost every day.

WE:
- found a first man in a kilt.

- had lunches together (usually veggie soups in the Stir cafe).

- found the only golden post box in the UK.

- went on flat-warming parties together.

- went to various galleries together.

- have been to Glasgow to see Jekyll and Hyde musical.

- joined the same society.

- spend long hours talking about and showing each other art and specific paintings that we liked.

- went half-way up the Arthur´s seat.

- went to a bonfire together.

- went over to each other´s houses and cooked for each other countless times.

- shared veg bags.
- shared gossip and occasionally talked behind people´s back together.
- went up half-way Dumyat together.

- had countless pints of cider together.

-we have been to several vintage shops and loooved just going through the clothes. I can almost hear you saying Hazel "yeah, I love, go for it! :D"

- went on picnicks.

- went on a spring break to Oban and sank our feet in mud while walking through the fields.

- climbed over two gates and went to a castle at night.

- got tipsy and danced at Ceilidh and had the most fun ever.

- got tipsy and danced it out in 24 bellow club.

- went for a Mean girls pub quiz together.

- we went on a Highland trip and saw the Harry Potter bridge!

- we went to several cafes.

- we went for a walk to Dunblane.

- found a cave where the author of the book Treasure Island Robert Louis Stevenson chilled as a kid.

- we slept at the same hostel as Johny Depp. :)

- went for sightseeing in Prague,

- went on the paddle boats and listened to CocoRosie songs.


Hazel taught me to eat the best delicatessen ever – carrot and hummus and celery and peanut butter.
And let me play with her hair :)



 Miss you Hazelbabes, hope you are happy where ever you are! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment